Artwork by Rusty Rust
Paint Shop Pro
Super Blade Pro
Filter Factory A
Graphic of Choice
1. Open your graphic, duplicate twice.
Close the original graphic and minimize one of the copies.
Set your foreground styles palette to pattern and choose the minimized graphic
Set your background to white.
2. Add 2px border – select with magic wand.
3. Effects – Plugins – Super Blade Pro – your choice of preset.
I used a silver preset.
4. Selections – Invert. Effects – 3D Effects – Cutout.
5. Add 10px border – select with magic wand.
6. Flood fill border with pattern.
7. Effects – Blur – Gaussian Blur. Radius 20.00
8.. Repeat Steps 2 – 4.
9. Choose a colour from your graphic and set as your background colour.
I used #678585.
10. Add 20px border.
11. Set background back to white.
12. Repeat Steps 2 – 4.
13. Add 27px border – select with magic wand.
14. Your foreground should still be set to pattern – flood fill your border and keep selected.
15. Effects – Plugins – Filter Factory A – Kaleidoscope II.
Use the default settings.
You may have to play with these settings to obtain the correct
pattern for your picture.
16. Apply the Kaleidoscope II twice more.
17. Repeat Steps 2 – 4.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.
I had something else in mind for this but it just didn’t seem to work out.
So this is what I ended up with.
Tutorial Copyright Marlie© 2002